ELC Frequently Asked Questions
E-Learning: The How's and Whys
How it Works
Once you have chosen your course you will be emailed the weblink and your login details. Any train manuals or courseware will be posted to you or an electronic version would be sent.
You will need to provide us your:
- Email Address
- Postal Address
- Telephone Number
Benefits of E-Learning
E-learning is a flexible way of studying at your own pace while still providing you the best content available.
- If you have commitments which make it harder for you to attend a regular course. E-Learning is a more manageable method of study.
- If you have mobility or health problems that make travel or attendance difficult. You can stay home and work in comfort.
- Living a long way from a training provider is an issue so save money on transportation and hotels.
- You work irregular hours or shifts which would make it hard to attend a classroom based course. E-learning lets you study around your work pattern.
- Free pace, able to skip parts you already know to focus on what's needed.
- You are able to go back to areas you struggled with.
- The multiple ways you interact with the course through puzzles, videos and audio all help stimulate and increase retention.
Minimum System Requirements to view most Online Learning courses:
- A Pentium II, 256 MB RAM with a processor speed greater than or equal to 400 MHZ.
- Microsoft® Windows® 2000 or higher.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher.
- Macromedia Flash 7.0 or higher (1MB disk space needed to install).
- Microsoft Windows Media Player 7.0 or higher.
- Microsoft XML Core Services 3.0 or higher.
- A Super VGA monitor with minimum screen resolution 1024x768, with 16-bit colour.
- A sound card, with either speakers or headphones (for multi-media audio).
- Internet bandwidth of 56K or faster. Broadband internet access is recommended.
For courses containing Virtual Server-based labs (courses in the IT Professional and Developer field), you will need:
- Microsoft Virtual Server ActiveX control (1MB disk space needed to install).