This official SUSE Linux 11 training course can be delivered onsite as an exclusive course or as online learning. Please use the following link to view the online version of this course:
For more information or to request a quote, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course combines both SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 Fundamentals (course 3101) and SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 Administration (course 3102) into a single 5-day fastrack course that will prepare you for the Certified Linux Administrator 11 exam.
Three weeks prior to course commencement, we will ship the two course manuals to you and ask that you cover as much of the first course (3101) as possible. This will better prepare you for the training week where the focus will be on certification.
Price includes both course manuals, lunch and one Pearson Vue test voucher to take exam 050-720: CLA11.
During this course, you learn the following concepts and skills fundamental to understanding SLES 11:
- Install SLE 11
- Manage System Installation
- Administer Linux Processes and Services
- Administer Storage
- Configure the Network
- Manage Hardware
- Configure Remote Access
- Monitor SLE 11
- Automate Tasks
- Manage Backup and Recovery
- Administer User Access and Security
- Content Specific to the LPIC-1 Exam in the Addendum
This course is designed for system administrators who need to become familiar with the Linux operating system. It is also ideal for those who would like to prepare for the Novell Certified Linux Administrator 11 Exam or the Linux Professional Institute LPIC-1 exams.
Before taking this course, you are required to have only basic computer skills on any operating system. This course is designed for people who are beginners with the Linux operating system. Knowledge of any desktop operating system is sufficient.
This fastrack course will cover the following topics:
COURSE 3101 - Fundamentals
- SECTION 1: First Steps with Linux
- SECTION 2: Locate and Use Help Resources
- SECTION 3: Manage Linux File System
- SECTION 4: Work with the Linux Shell and CLI
- SECTION 5: Administer Linux with YaST
- SECTION 6: Manage Users, Groups, and Permissions
- SECTION 7: Use Linux Text Editors
- SECTION 8: Manage Software with RPM
COURSE 3102 - Administration
- SECTION 1: Install SLE
- SECTION 2: Manage System Initialization
- SECTION 3: Administer Linux Processes and Services
- SECTION 4: Administer Storage
- SECTION 5: Configure the Network
- SECTION 6: Manage Hardware
- SECTION 7: Configure Remote Access
- SECTION 8: Monitor SLE 11
- SECTION 9: Automate Tasks
- SECTION 10: Manage Backup and Recovery
- SECTION 11: Administer User Access and Security
This official Novell SUSE Linux 11 training course can be delivered onsite as an exclusive course or as online learning.